This crockpot recipe makes it easy to infuse Rick Simpson Oil into MCT Oil, for a potent cannabis oil infusion. Full Extractraction Cannabis Oil, distillate, decarboxylated flower or decarboxylated concentrate’s such as shatter can be used in place of the RSO.
Rick Simpson Oil, FECO, and Distillate are activated and don’t need to be decarboxylated prior to use.
RSO and FECO oil can be thick, sticky, hard to dispense, and dose. Most syringes require warming prior to use, making it inconvenient to use and difficult to accurately dose. Infusing RSO into a carrier oil will improve the viscosity making it easier and more convenient to dose.
MCT is a medium-chain triglyceride that is high in saturated fat extracted from coconuts. MCT oil is easily digestible, odorless, and tasteless, making it a good match for infusing cannabis.
It’s important to watch the temperature and I recommend a digital read thermometer. Exposure to high prolonged heat will break down the cannabinoids and terpenes destroying their medicinal benefits. Each cannabinoid and terpene breaks down at different temperatures, destroying or reducing their therapeutical benefits.
In terms of medicinal effects, there is a big difference between consuming cannabis through the lungs and ingesting it through the digestive tract. When the cannabinoids are absorbed via the liver…. that’s when the magic happens!
Reasons To Infuse RSO & MCT Oil:
- Evenly absorbs cannabinoids
- Practical & easy to use
- Discreet consumption
- Fast on-set time
- Make capsules
Don’t overthink this process. It’s pretty straightforward. The RSO is already decarboxylated (activated), the objective is to warm the oil allowing it to mix and infuse together.
I recommend using a hot water bath at 200* temp for 3-4 hours. Set the crockpot on high and when it reaches 200* turn it down to low and maintain a temperature above 165* and lower than 200*.
Keeping the temperature at 200* for 2-4 hours is ideal.
If you use the Sous Vide method, heat the water bath to 200 and place your MCT Oil and RSO mix submerged in the hot water bath for 2 hours!
Crockpot RSO MCT OIL Recipe
- Tea Towel
- Digital Read Thermometer
- Aluminum Foil
- Glass Measuring Cup or Mason Jars
- Tincture Bottles
- Bulk Containers
- 29ml MCT Oil or High Saturated Fat Oil
- 1 gram of RSO, FECO, or Distillate
If the RSO is 90% THC, there is 900 mg of THC in 1 gram of RSO
900 mg / 30 ml = 30mg of THC per 1ml of tincture
Adjust to your preferred dose
- Liquid Lecithin – Optional
- RSO Infused Gummy Recipe
- THC Infused Cracked Candy
- Essential Blends Oil Kit
- Infusing RSO and MCT Oil Crockpot Recipe
- THC Infused Gummy Recipe
- Place a clean tea towel in the crockpot to create a barrier between the measuring cup and the bottom of the hot crockpot
- Add 2-3 inches of water to your crockpot and turn to high. If using a mason jar, add enough warm water to submerge the jar.
- While the crockpot is warming up, place 29ml of MCT Oil in the measuring cup
- Add 1 gram of RSO or preferred product
- Add 1/2 tsp of liquid lecithin – optional
- Cover the measuring cup with foil
- When the crockpot temp reaches 200* turn it to low and place the covered measuring cup into the crockpot.
- Place lid on crockpot and leave to infuse for 4 hours.
- Monitor the temperature – Keep the temp above 165* and below 200*
- After 4 hours carefully remove from crockpot and allow to cool
- If you used a decarboxylated concentrate or flower, strain the mix with cheesecloth to remove the plant material
- Pour into amber tincture bottles
- Store in a cool dark place
Yields apprx: 30ml of cannabis infused oil
Infused rso mct oil uses:
- Place under tongue and swish around for 30 secs and swallow
Sublingual and canna capsules are my go-to method for the accuracy and convenience of medicating
- Topical cream or salve
- Smoothies are excellent with infused MCT oil
- Add to coffee or tea – A great way of starting the day!
- Add to recipes calling for cannabutter or cannabis-oil
- Skin Care
Please share if you enjoyed this post!
- RSO Infused Gummy RecipeThis recipe for making infused gummies with Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil), reclaim, or distillate will produce amazing shelf-stable medicated gummies.
- THC Infused Cracked CandyTHC infused hard crack candy using reclaim from my dab rig. I recommend using an alcohol-infused tincture or reclaim from your dab rig for this candy! Don’t use an oil-based infusion for this recipe, it will not combine!
- Essential Blends Oil KitEssential Blends Oil Kit I got my Essential Blends Oil […]
- Infusing RSO and MCT Oil Crockpot RecipeThis crockpot recipe makes it easy to infuse Rick Simpson Oil into MCT Oil, for a potent cannabis oil infusion.
- THC Infused Gummy RecipeCannabis Infused Gummies Udated RSO/FECO Gummie Recipe Click Here These […]
Don’t Miss A Hit!
Sign up to receive notice of future posts.
This website may contain links to affiliate websites. When you click on and/or make a purchase through an affiliate link placed on our website, we may receive a small commission or another form of compensation at no additional cost to you. In some instances, it may save you money.
The information on Pa Cannabis Caregiver has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.