This recipe for making infused gummies with Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil), reclaim, or distillate will produce amazing shelf-stable medicated gummies. Alcohol-based tinctures or decarboxylated concentrates such as shatter can be used in this recipe as well. Alcohol tinctures require reducing the alcohol off the tincture for this recipe to work.
This infused gummy recipe is almost fail-proof. An easy recipe for making medicated gummies with Rick Simpson Oil or Full Extract Cannabis Oil and is my go-to recipe. Over the past 4 years, I’ve tried many methods of infusing gummies. This method produces the most consistent and best quality edibles for me.
Rick Simpson Oil and Full Extract Cannabis Oil is my preferred medicine for making edibles, consuming orally, and making topicals. RSO and FECO are considered whole plant extractions. The difference between the 2 extracts is the process used to extract the cannabinoids. There are many websites explaining the different methods. The two terms are commonly used interchangeably.
While RSO, FECO, reclaim, and distillate is decarbed and are ready to use, shatter and other concentrates must be decarboxylated prior to use in this recipe.
If you’ve never made gummies before and would prefer to attempt a simpler version first, try this recipe THC Infused Gummy Recipe.
Learning how to make your own gummies and edibles is a cost-effective, convenient form to dose and medicate. Unfortunately, at this time the Pennsylvania Medical Mariunan Program doesn’t permit the sale of edibles other than capsules.
Kindly share if you find this Rick Simpson Oil Infused Gummy Recipe:
Reclaim collected from a dab rig dropdown will also work for this recipe. Use caution when using reclaim as it is still potent and loaded with CBN. CBN is a sleep aid. Start low and go slow with the dosage.
Reference this study to estimate your dab reclaim potency:
- Sample 1: Collected from a dropdown, this sample was the color of dark honey, and was nearly translucent rather than opaque. It came back with a max THC of 58.5%.
- Sample 2: This sample was collected by scraping what had fallen down into the direct inject of a dab rig, and was the color and consistency of beach tar. It registered a max THC of 40.2%.
- Sample 3: Like the first sample, this was collected from a dropdown. However, it was much darker and stickier, with a somewhat unpleasant smell and stickiness to the touch. The max THC on this one was 50.3%.
- Sample 4: They saved the worst for last. This sample came from a rig that had basically never been cleaned, and was so filled with reclaim you couldn’t even take a hit off it. This stuff was completely black, had a consistency almost like shatter, and could be broken apart by hand. This “shatterclaim” only had a max THC of 23.3%.
- RSO Infused Gummy Recipe
- THC Infused Cracked Candy
- Essential Blends Oil Kit
- Infusing RSO and MCT Oil Crockpot Recipe
- THC Infused Gummy Recipe
Here are a few highly recommended ingredients to make store-bought quality gummies.
Knox Unflavored Gelatin is a must! This recipe will not work without Unflavored Gelatin. I buy in bulk for the savings. Individual packets are convenient and don’t require measuring.
Potassium Sorbate is a preservative and will increase the shelf life of your final product. This is the secret ingredient and I highly recommend using potassium sorbate. To make the mix, add 3 parts water with 1 part potassium sorbate, shake and store in a cool dark place.
Always do a trial run or two before adding your medicine!
- 2 Small Saucepan’s
- Double Boiler
- Small bowl – large enough to hold 1/2 cup water
A wider bowl is recommended
- Glass measuring cup
- Silicone whisk
- Cannabis “Dial Molds”
- Cannabis Leaf Molds
- Double Shot Glass
- Molds – sprayed with vegetable oil
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Syringe, dropper, or plastic bottle: (I recommend Dial-A-Dose Syringe for accurate dosing)
- 1g or 2g of RSO or FECO (3.5g of Reclaim)
Adjust to desired dose
- 3oz of Jello (Sugar free won’t work!)
- 1/2 tsp liquid lecithin
- 1 cup cold water divided
- 3 packets of Unflavored Gelatin or 21 grams (Will not work without Unflavored Gelatin)
- 1/2 tsp Potassium Sorbate or Lorann Mold Inhibitor
- Lightly coat molds with cooking spray. Wipe off excess oil with paper towel
- Put molds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Gather all supplies and ingredients
- Premeasure the ingredients
- RS0 / FECO can be thick and sticky making it difficult to dispense. Fill a double shot glass or small glass with water and micowave for 30 -45 seconds.
- Put the syringe of RSO in the water prior to dispensing the RSO into the double boiler.
- Clear space in the fridge to place the baking sheet with the gummies
- In a small bowl add 1/2 cup cold water
- Sprinkle unflavored Gelatin over the cold water
- Gently whisk the unflavored gelatin and water
- Set the mixture aside to bloom, it will become thick!
- In a double boiler cover the bottom pan with water and bring to a boil over med heat
- Whisk RSO and liquid lecithin in double boiler
- Turn off heat and set aside
- In seperate small saucepan bring the 1/2 cup of water to a boil
- Add the flavored jello and whisk to combine
- Add the flavored jello mixture to the double boiler with the RSO & liquid lecithin
- Whisk to combine
- Add the bloomed unflavored gelatin mixture to the double boiler with the RSO and jello mixture
- Return the double boiler to low heat!
- Whisk continually for 5 minutes to ensure no clumps (Don’t Skip This Step)
- Transfer to molds using a Dial-A-Dose Syringe or plastic bottle
- Allow the gummies to set for 20-30 minutes before removing from the molds
- Let the gummies air dry for at least 24 hours
- Store gummies in an air thight container in the fridge or freezer
This batch was made with 1 gram of Girl Scout Cookie RSO. There are 820 total cannabinoids in this batch. 1g of 82% Total Cannabinoids = 820 mg / total gummies. This recipe makes approximately 42 gummies at 7.5ml per gummy. 820mg/42=19mg each not accounting for loss during the infusing process.
If you wanted to make them stronger use 2g of RSO at 80% = 1600mg of cannabinoids. This should produce 38-40mg per gummy.
Don’t miss a hit!
Sign up to receive notice of future posts. No Spam, I hate it as much as you do.
This website may contain links to affiliate websites. When you click on and/or make a purchase through an affiliate link placed on our website, we may receive a small commission or another form of compensation at no additional cost to you. In some instances, it may save you money.
The information on Pa Cannabis Caregiver has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.