Cannabis Infused Hard Candy Recipe
THC infused hard cracked candy made using the reclaim collected from my dab rig dropdown. I recommend using an alcohol-infused tincture or reclaim from your dab rig for this infused candy recipe! Don’t use an oil-based infusion for this recipe, it will not fully combine even using guar gum or liquid soy lecithin.
Cracked candy has been a favorite of mine since childhood! Infusing candy with cannabis is just taking it to a new level. If using a baking sheet it’s impossible to calculate the dose of each piece so if accurate dosing is important please use molds instead of the baking sheet method.
The recipe is time-consuming (approximately 45 minutes) and requires constant stirring in the beginning with the patience to allow the mixture to rise to temp slowly. Avoid the temptation to turn up the heat to get the mixture done quicker. Don’t walk away from the stove and keep an eye on the temperature of the mixture.
I use a silicone container to store the dab reclaim.
Prior to making this recipe, place the silicone container of reclaim in the freezer. It will harden up and make it easier to handle and weigh. Reclaim from concentrates can be as much as 50% THC if dabbed at a low temp. I use an e-nail and usually dab at 550 to 590 depending on the type of extract. The reclaim used in this infusion is closer to Sample 3 as stated below.
Reference this study to estimate your dab reclaim potency:
- Sample 1: Collected from a dropdown, this sample was the color of dark honey, and was nearly translucent rather than opaque. It came back with a max THC of 58.5%.
- Sample 2: This sample was collected by scraping what had fallen down into the direct inject of a dab rig, and was the color and consistency of beach tar. It registered a max THC of 40.2%.
- Sample 3: Like the first sample, this was collected from a dropdown. However, it was much darker and stickier, with a somewhat unpleasant smell and stickiness to the touch. The max THC on this one was 50.3%.
- Sample 4: They saved the worst for last. This sample came from a rig that had basically never been cleaned, and was so filled with reclaim you couldn’t even take a hit off it. This stuff was completely black, had a consistency almost like shatter, and could be broken apart by hand. This “shatterclaim” only had a max THC of 23.3%.
Always do a trial run before adding your product. This took several attempts to get it right. Be patient and follow this process and it should turn out fantastic.
Use caution when working with the candy mixture! It’s extremely hot and will cause severe burns.
Consume responsibility and don’t be another Maureen Dowd! This candy with 3.3g of reclaim will put a twinkle in your eye’s and Dueling Banjo’s from Deliverance may play in your head.
- 2 qt saucepan – saucepan with pour spout is great!
- Candy Thermometer
- Wet pastry brush or silicone brush
- Food Coloring
- Lorann’s Flavoring (Pineapple Shown)
- Candy Funnel – Optional
- Cannabis Leaf or Lollipop Molds – Optional
- Pam or Parchament Paper
- Baking Sheet
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 3.3 grams Reclaim from dab collector (I collect mine in a silicone barrell and freeze it prior to using. It combines well with the heat of the candy mixture.
- 2 qt saucepan on med heat with Candy Thermometer 1″ from bottom of pan
- Combine Sugar, Water, and Light Corn Syrup
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Very important!
- Sugar crystals will form around the edge of the mixture in the pan. Wipe down the crystals with a wet pastry brush or silicone brush.
- When the sugar mixture melts and becomes clear, stop stirring!
- Don’t stir the mix after it begins to boil. Very important!
- Add food coloring when temp reaches 260, Don’t Stir! The boiling mixture will mix the coloring.
I add approximately 8 drops.
- Remove from heat at 300, Hard Crack Stage on your Candy Themometer
- Let cool to 250 – 260
- Add Reclaim or tincture and 1 dram of Lorann’s Flavoring
- Stir with metal spoon to incorporate your product
- Transfer to molds with candy funnel or spoon!
Or pour onto backing sheet lined with parchament paper
- Allow to cool before removing from molds or breaking into smaller pieces
- If using a lined baking sheet use a meat tenderizer or a can of soutp o break the candy into small pieces.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge
This yielded 16 candies and a 3/4 tray of “Cracked Candy Pieces”
- Don’t be a Maureen Dowd! Use caution when consuming any ebible. Thank me later.
- Caution: The candy mixutre is extremely hot and will cause server burns
- Use metal spoons to stir
- Keep 4 clean spoons on a plate – the mixture will harden and clean spoons will come in handy
- Keep a 1qt pan on low heat to dip your pastry brush in
- It’s almost impossible to get all the mixture from the pan
Kindly share if you enjoyed this post!
This crockpot recipe makes it easy to infuse Rick Simpson Oil into MCT Oil, for a potent cannabis oil infusion.
Don’t miss a hit!
Sign up to receive notice of future posts. No Spam, I hate it as much as you do.
This website may contain links to affiliate websites. When you click on and/or make a purchase through an affiliate link placed on our website, we may receive a small commission or another form of compensation at no additional cost to you. In some instances, it may save you money.
The information on Pa Cannabis Caregiver has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.